Tampa is among the best cities to live in within the state of Florida. It is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the southeastern part of the United States and is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater metro, offering so many advantages to its residents, including affordable living, amazing tropical weather, convenient access to the beach, and so much more. If you are considering moving to Tampa, let us show you a few of the wonderful things this thriving city has to offer.
It’s More Affordable to Live in Tampa
- The cost of living in Tampa, FL is equal to the national average, just 1% higher than the state average.
- Housing costs are 4% lower compared to the national average.
- The median home price is $172,100.
- The median monthly rent is $983.
You’ll Love the Weather in Tampa
- Winters and springs are warm and sunny.
- Summers and falls are humid and wet.
- The temperature rarely drops below 60 degrees.
- On average, there are 246 sunny days per year in Tampa.
- Ben T. Davis Beach along the causeway between Tampa and Clearwater is the best option for those living in the city.
- The beaches along the shores of St. Petersburg and Clearwater are some of the largest and most beautiful beaches near Tampa which are often flocked by tourists.
- Honeymoon Island State Park in Dunedin and Fort de Soto Park in St. Petersburg are the perfect beach destinations for families with young children, just 40-50 minutes away from Tampa.
- Carnival Pride is a 2,124-passenger cruise ship with 80% of its staterooms offering majestic ocean views. Some of the amenities include pools, water park, or 214-foot-long Twister waterslide, bars nightclub and piano bar.
- Serenade of the Seas features modern dining options, upgraded cabin amenities, new lounges and bars, poolside movie screen, rock climbing wall, mini-golf course, six pools, and whirlpools.
- Norwegian Dawn is a 2,340-passenger cruise ship that boasts 14 dining options, six hot tubs, casino, spa, wine bar, and kids pool and video arcade.
Tampa is the Perfect City to Enjoy Outdoors Activities
- Go hiking, birdwatching, or fishing at the 240-acre Lettuce Lake Park along the Hillsborough River.
- Rent a single or tandem Tampa Water Bike and have a fun trip around Downtown Tampa and along the waterways.
- Have a relaxing weekend at Hillsborough River State Park – camping, watching wildlife, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming.
- If you are into football, head on to Raymond James Stadium and cheer on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL).
- For hockey fans, the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) hit the ice between October and April every year at Amalie Arena.
- There are two options for professional baseball enthusiasts – the Tampa Bay Rays (MLB) at Tropicana Field and the Tampa Tarpons (MiLB) at Steinbrenner Field.
- Experience thrilling rides at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Hop on to Florida’s first family spin roller coaster, Cobra’s Curse; go on a whitewater rafting expedition at Congo River Rapids; and many more. See over 200 species at one of the country’s most highly accredited zoos.
- Visit the Florida Aquarium in Channel District and view sharks in the aquarium, get on a wild dolphin cruise, or meet penguins up close.
- The Glazer Children’s Museum in Downtown Tampa offers various activities to cater to the different interests of children, such as painting, sliding down a fireman’s pole, and building robot.
Indulge in the Many Tampa Restaurants and Bars
- Must try dishes at Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City are the Seafood Paella, Breaded Pork Milanesa, or Chorizo Crillo Tapas.
- Flames Indian Cuisine in Palma Ceia is famous for its Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Vindaloo.
- Craving for pasta? Go to Oggi Italian in Davis Islands and choose among its popular pasta dishes, including Pollo Margherita, Butternut Squash Ravioli, and Bucatini Genovese Pesto.
- Guests at Brunchies in Northwest Tampa come back for their savory brunch dishes, such the Goddess Omelette, Turkey and Avocado Skillet, and the Buccaneers Feast.
- Have some drinks at 7venth Sun Brewery in Seminole Heights.
- Enjoy a handmade cigar with a glass of whiskey or a bottle of ice cold beer at King Corona Cigars in Ybor City.
- Go to Hattricks Tavern, one of Downtown Tampa’s best sports bars, and watch a Tampa Bay Lightning game on the big screen.
- Into cosplay? You’ll have a wonderful time at the goth-themed dance club, The Castle in Ybor City.
Tampa, FL is indeed an amazing place to live in. If you want to explore your home options in this amazing city, I’ll be more than happy to show you the properties available in this area. Feel free to contact me at (813) 789-2096 or send me an email at Realtor@EllenZusman.com to schedule an appointment.